In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They included a paper-touch cotton batiste; cotton poplin with a water-repellent finish; and sheers in blends of viscose and nylon.
- The chemical is used in the production of textiles such as rayon and viscose.
- The kurtis in cotton, lycra, viscose georgette, linen embellished with delicate embroidery, sequined tops in white, black, red, beige and pastel shades look simple but hep.
- Expertly based on simple, smooth, sculptural lines, exploring colour by layering and integrating silk and viscose, adding another textural element to her work.
- There was a bit of a '70s theme, but the main connections in these pieces were the fitted waists, and fabrications of silk and viscose.
- Most of the garments were made of viscose fabric base, bio-degradable and 100 per cent shrinkage free.
- Prints in black and white or black and cream will be very strong in 2004 and this scheme translates well into other mood designs such as ethnic prints on various fabrics like crêpes, seersucker, sheers, viscose georgette and satin.
- There is printed floral viscose in rose, violet or tulip.
- I don't know where that original rayon was produced, but the American rayon was manufactured by the American Viscose Company, hence the name viscose often used interchangeably with rayon.
- And as mentioned previously, the firm also offered linen / viscose jacquards with cut, floating yarns.
- The print division of France-based Komar highlighted viscose georgette in its signature geometric scarf prints.
- In order to create depth in the image, she selected a very finely woven silk viscose mix for the fabric and used the Devore printing process.
- There are lots of satin and technical fabrics which include silk jersey, duchess satin, silk satin, parachute silk, viscose organza, silk twill, cotton canvas and taffeta.
- New ‘technical’ indoor fitness clothes, featuring viscose fabric with two-way extra stretch, make up the Instructor Line developed for women fitness-instructors.
- Today, only viscose rayon is being produced in the U.S.
- Also very summery are the whitewashed pastel cotton pants, bold cotton stripes and abstract floral prints and pinstripes on denim, cotton satin and viscose stretch fabrics.
- The zippers on Lenina's spare pair of viscose velveteen shorts were at first a puzzle, then solved, a delight.
- Some people would clearly look far better and be far more comfortable if they were not encumbered by crimplene trousers, nylon tops and viscose thongs.
- The Dressman is suitable for shirts made from silk, viscose, cotton, linen, flannel and all other non-stretch materials.
- He tried coating the cloth with a thin sheet of viscose film.
- The first step in the manufacture of rayon is to make viscose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.