In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(range of vision)visibilidad feminine
- It was raining and the light was poor, but underwater visibility wasn't bad.
- You will dive in calm conditions in which poor visibility is made up for by the abundance of macro wildlife.
- Most accidents in the past two months were the result of poor visibility because of rainy conditions, she said.
- We were below the weather, with good visibility, but the field wasn't there.
- The weather is unpredictable and visibility can often be poor.
- As well as the obvious increased air pollution and reduced visibility, local bushfires are a potential health concern.
- Airborne ash can diminish visibility, damage flight control systems and may cause engine failure.
- The system even accommodates reduced visibility in changing light conditions thanks to a rain/light sensor.
- As visibility decreased dramatically, transport in the capital became virtually impossible and accidents multiplied.
- State what were the conditions of sea, weather and visibility at the time of the accident.
- ‘It's important you have clear visibility of other vehicles on the road and that they can see you,’ he said.
- The howling wind and driving rain had created zero visibility conditions.
- Regional Airport was 7,000 ft overcast with seven miles visibility in light rain.
- Wet weather and poor visibility increases the need to have items like brakes and tyres in perfect working order.
- Motorists should be particularly wary of spray from other vehicles reducing visibility and the possibility of aquaplaning on roads slick with water.
- Path clear in good weather, but poor visibility would require OS Explorer map and compass.
- The information may also be passed on to divers, who are working in arduous conditions, battling poor weather and visibility as well as up to four metres of silt.
- With clear skies and unlimited visibility, weather was not determined to be a factor.
- Always check weather and visibility with a local dive centre before setting off.
- The rear lights have adaptive infrared control which adjusts the brightness of the LED diodes to match visibility and weather conditions.
2(prominence)notoriedad femininesports sponsorship gives the company greater visibility — el patrocinar deportes le da mayor notoriedad a la empresa
- We use them as a marketing office, to talk about the products and create some visibility.
- Growing cultural visibility reflects very real changes in the status of homosexuality throughout the Western world.
- A disproportionate amount of the lower visibility general assignment positions have historically gone to women and minorities.
- Her visibility attracts plenty of attention at the post office from coworkers and customers, she says.
- The group has many attractions, notably its high visibility, industry leading presence and devout customer loyalty.
- Because of her visibility, she is no longer able to work as an undercover agent.
- Monsanto knows better than any other corporation the costs of visibility.
- City pages of newspapers are filled with high visibility advertisements for new products.
- Cyber security has grown in importance and visibility, and political clout.
- An unlikely tenet of her new strategy: boost the visibility of prominent blacks and other minorities.
- Women have worked to gain recognition, access, and visibility in the leadership ranks of higher education.
- By giving use and visibility to the general usage of metadata, there's an incentive to converge on the same vocabulary.
- The Internet allows individuals to maintain a Web site and have the same global visibility as a major corporation.
- Women's eNews today has a commentary on the lack of visibility of prominent women in the media.
- The prestige and visibility of the White House gives them a powerful natural advantage.
- Can these structures retain their radical visibility and accessibility within political contexts?
- Indeed, today, storage management has such prominence and visibility that it is now seen to be a major focus of corporate attention.
- Besides shocking me, it got me to thinking about the value of various types of products and their visibility in use.
- It has given us a degree of visibility to the public and given reassurance to the passengers and the company itself.
- It will also be good for the company's visibility in general.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.