In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Clothing Motor Vehicles History
- Consider, for example, an automotive visor, It is a two-piece part (excluding the mounting hardware).
- Light visors, which are worn like caps and provide patients with increased portability, are another available source of light therapy.
- I am quickly surrounded by retired Americans wearing green visor hats, honeymooning couples, and a multitude of cameras.
- If your doctor suggests that you try light therapy, you will use a special light box or a light visor that you wear on your head like a cap.
- The visor of his cap was pulled low, obscuring most of his face, but his upturned collar gave him away.
- Elizabeth gave the visor of her youngest son's cap a firm knock even as she smiled.
- It is a six-panel constructed mid-crown, 100% cotton twill front and visor with heavy garment wash.
- The soldier's visors automatically adjusted the light for them after a few moments.
- Add shades and a visor style hat and you have the perfect beach look with your hair being conditioned while you play.
- He is the one with the visor beanie, and he's really hot, too, just like the rest of them, in a quiet, modest way that is radically different from his brother.
- Then I added a few other odds and ins such as euro lights, window visors, floor mats, racing pedals, and headlight covers.
- I saw them in the mall at Zumiez the last time I went with Jules… A visor beanie, or something like that…
- When you are looking for a replacement part, be it a replacement visor or a clutch master cylinder, the array of available sources can be hard to sift through.
- Instead of giving up books, she figured out that if she used a dental visor with a strong light and a magnifying glass, she could read for a few hours.
- ‘When people see Tiger Woods and almost everyone else wearing visors and caps at the U.S. Open, that affects the business’ he observes.
- I chuckled to myself while I walked toward the car and jumped in, glancing in the rearview mirror to smooth my hair back and slip on a visor cap and my new sunglasses.
- And I said, no, not a visor cap, but a golfer's cap, like my dad would wear.
- Black accessories now matched the other services, and a black trouser stripe, with gold chin strap and visor cap embroidery, identified officers.
- The glass of the screen shattered as well as the visor.
- ‘A lot of the kids tend to be wearing the visor beanies right now,’ says avid snowboarder and Plush manager, Aaron Long.
- Caps are 12.5 oz. wool blend and have buckram-backed front panels, pre-curved visors, and grey undervisors.
- In another scene, bright light glints off the visors of scores of young-looking cops in full riot regalia shifting uneasily in the sun, as a dull rumble grows from somewhere offscreen.
- South-facing classrooms required solar protection and, to maintain daylighting, horizontal visors were designed to act as reflectors, bouncing light up on to the ceiling.
- A person could place his hand in an x-ray beam before a luminescent screen and view his own bones through a hooded visor.
- In hot weather, a visor is cooler than a cap, because it doesn't trap the heat.
- The visor of his cap is pulled low over his brow, so that he tilts back his skull to see.
- I put on my brown bomber jacket and my white beanie with the visor on the front.
- Others use light visors, sunglasses-like visors with small lights inside.
- This is why many pros wear sunglasses or visors / caps when playing, they know that the eyes rarely lie.
- They placed the gel electrodes to their temples and the strobe visor in front of their eyes.
- In her experiments she either stood face-to-face with them - protected by a plastic visor - or she used photos.
- Light therapy is the recommended first-line treatment for SAD. Light boxes are most often used for light therapy, but dawn light simulation and light visors are also available.
- The attacker was black, about 5ft, and wore dark clothing and a dark baseball cap with the NBA insignia on its front and visor.
- The Sweep is available in both road and mountain versions; the only difference is a tidy plastic visor stuck onto the front of the off-road model.
- It clips to pockets, lapels, vehicle visors, gun cases - almost anywhere.
- Vix activated her rearview screen in her visor and gasped as Troy held off a pair of fighters with bursts of chaingun and plasma cannon fire.
- Her black hat, with a small visor in the front, wrapped around her bobbed purple-red hair.
- They boy was also dressed in baggy clothes, although instead of a baseball cap he was wearing a flipped white visor cap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.