In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(picture mentally)(scene/situation) imaginar(situation/scene) imaginarse(situation/scene) visualizarI remember her name but I can't visualize her — el nombre me suena pero no la recuerdo
- Bolyai's new world can be visualized by imagining a triangle drawn on the surface of a saddle.
- It takes an inventive imagination to read these things and accurately visualize anything.
- An easy way to visualize this is to imagine watching a home video a friend filmed.
- I like to think of wire sculpture as imagination visualized with wire.
- The two wheels were almost as wide as the ship, and while the port one still looked impressive, the less well-preserved starboard wheel required a bit more imagination to visualise.
- The idea becomes a dream and he visualizes himself making the phone calls and discussing it with his boss, as if he is watching a movie of his new life unfolding.
- Also try positive imagery; create an image that is relaxing, such as visualizing yourself on a secluded beach.
- But the city official in charge of the dossier says it's too soon to know what the city visualizes as the future of the site.
- It did not take much imagination to visualise the vast green forests that had covered the countryside at one time.
- They help us develop our imagination and capacity to visualise.
- Anyway the mental images I visualise are very powerful, and exceed anything I used to see in movies when I used to be able to see.
- To visualize this, imagine a stretched rubber sheet onto which a large mass is placed.
- Plan scenes, visualize everything before the game so you have images in your head you can exploit even if things don't head in the right direction.
- A lot of magic is about visualising, imaging, strongly imagining in your mind's eye.
- Changing your mental image first, by visualizing that future, paves the way for success.
- For a musician, imaging includes more than visualizing.
- Just by simply closing your eyes you can use the magnificent ability you have to visualize and imagine.
- To visualise this imagine the handle of the jug to be a service road.
- Your goal is to visualize the easiest of the three shots and trust it.
- The easiest way of visualizing a leg imaginal disc is to think of it as a collapsed cone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.