In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He said vitrified radioactive materials would be bound up in glass or other depositories and would not be easily released.
- However, flexible polymers and lower molecular weight components typically vitrify at much lower water contents
- Using mouse oocytes, 80 percent of eggs that had been vitrified became fertilized with ICSI, with a live birth rate of about 30 percent, comparable to conventional IVF when eggs are not frozen.
- Method and apparatus for eliminating volatiles or airborne entrainments when vitrifying radioactive and/or hazardous waste
- The silica and other minerals in the clay vitrify under heat and will not become soft clay again.
- People have always thought of vitrified forts as Iron Age but the dates we found make this citadel far more important.
- The vitrified specimen was thereafter transferred to the microscope.
- The imperfections are then cleaned off with tools and the casting is put in the kiln at 1225 cone 6 and becomes vitrified porcelain.
- Blood vessels have been reversibly vitrified, and whole kidneys have been recovered and successfully transplanted after cooling to - 45°C while protected with vitrification chemicals.
- Practically invisible or blatantly obvious, these so-called slip-ups made centuries ago survive today beneath vitrified coats of clear overglaze and provide snapshots of the innovative and ingenious decorative techniques employed.
- Therefore, molecular motion must be regarded as unavoidable in vitrified biological materials.
- To vitrify soil, normally four carbon electrode rods are inserted into the ground and a powerful electric current is turned on.
- Its prime ingredient, silica, which is essentially glass, can withstand very high temperatures and vitrifies (melts and turns glass-like) to form a very strong and impermeable product.
- The walkway will be paved with vitrified and cement-based tiles.
- Large areas of vitrified sand have been discovered in the Gobi desert and elsewhere, evidence of such intense heat as might not be explicable otherwise.
- After blotting excess solution from the carbon side of the grids, they were immediately vitrified in ethane slush.
- Almost all leaves were vitrified and the total number of leaves on the longest shoot was also reduced compared with the plants growing on the other three cytokinin media.
- Another concern is the cooling rate needed to vitrify large organs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.