In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No wonder those who still wear tweed jackets, Viyella shirts and ‘frocks’, as opposed to dresses, can't stand them in return.
- Because Viyella is new here in Marlborough it was a good chance to show ourselves to the people of Marlborough.
- Coats will be exiting the apparel business in order to focus on its profitable global threads business, as well as its Jaeger and Viyella retail operations.
- Clients include Viyella, Windsmoor, Brook Taverner and many more; they have a successful website and are planning to introduce a company pension scheme.
- Tickets are available from Viyella or Marlborough Prospect shops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.