1saco vocal masculinebucal
- In Rhinoderma darwinii, males retain the tadpoles in their vocal sacs until the young metamorphose.
- Sex was determined from the presence or absence of vocal sacs and thumb pads.
- This frog thumps its gular pouch against the soft soil where it lies and rapidly inflates its vocal sac.
- Calling site was noted by counting males in calling posture (or with an inflated vocal sac) near each pool.
- There are dads who incubate their babies in their mouths, their vocal sacs, and in pouches.