In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This new album proves to be a modern day masterpiece laden with swirling strings, swing beats and guest vocalists a plenty.
- Like all great vocalists, notes not words are her primary tools for communication.
- About half the songs have Spanish lyrics with a variety of sexy female vocalists that blend very well with the accompaniment.
- It's too bad the vocalists fade out near the beginning, instead of joining in to help take the mood over the top.
- Lead vocalist Pamela Brennan is the best of the available vocalists here.
- Most of the tunes are instrumental, though he drafts a few guest vocalists to quietly croon or blues-up the sound.
- What we've seen as well is the emergence of new female vocalists.
- He's a guest vocalist on a Sharon Robinson album in all but name, and that's a waste.
- We've recruited mad Lizzy on keyboards and we're looking for female backing vocalists too.
- Massive Attack used to be adept at bringing lesser known vocalists in to the mainstream and making them shine.
- Luckily this has been balanced out by a mixture of house beats, vocalists and a synthesizer.
- Mid-song, he calls up two backing vocalists to join him, and later adds a drummer.
- But he has done an awful lot to open the door for jazz pianists and vocalists to cross over into the mainstream.
- The Blood Brothers' two vocalists play off one another, entwining their lightspeed lyrics into one orgiastic mass of sound.
- The steady trickle of female, retro styled soul vocalists is threatening to become something of a deluge these days.
- Jim loved the lyric and took the song into the studio with guest vocalists Collin Raye and Susan Ashton.
- Without the benefit of any of the guest vocalists, the band is still able to construct a coherent story.
- Well we have 3 songwriters and 3 vocalists so we have a few different styles.
- It's also proof that the Mamas were simply the finest group of vocalists to have ever found their way into a recording studio.
- Their music is spellbinding at the best of times, yet in the hands of their vocalists, it can be out of this world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.