In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At times, she vocalizes sounds, trying in her best way to speak.
- But when I speak, I choose words and vocalize them in time: these differences make every phase of speech unreliable.
- She thought, pleading desperately, trying to vocalize the words but not knowing if they were actually leaving her mouth or if they were trapped in her head.
- As a result of the straining of her vocal cords during her crisis, Fe is left with a speech impediment whereby she cannot vocalize every word in a sentence.
- Frederick could no longer vocalize words, and he could write no better.
- Most sound effects men had to be able to vocalise impressions of a wide range of animals.
- She alters the sound of her voice at critical points and vocalizes nonverbal sounds to convey her message.
- Every word is sung with such involvement, it sounds like someone is vocalizing the words of their dying father's will.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.