In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vocational guidance — orientación profesional feminine
- vocational training — formación profesional
- the course is directly vocational — el curso prepara específicamente para la profesión (or el oficio etc.)
- Most students expect teaching to be essentially vocational training.
- In Germany I saw an extremely well developed system of vocational education.
- Business leaders gave a broad welcome to the proposals for putting vocational training on a more equal footing with academic subjects.
- Any vocational education needs, in my view, to be based firmly on a broad liberal-arts foundation.
- Boosting vocational education and revamping the role of local councils were other priorities, he said.
- Some parents will want a school that specialises in vocational education.
- A key part of our campaign was to emphasise the promotion of vocational education.
- And he warns that the expansion of higher education could damage vocational training.
- They are involved in a range of activities, from community work to vocational training and education.
- I think we've neglected vocational education in the most tragic way.
- The minister for skills and vocational education, is expected to announce the proposals to Parliament in March.
- And she believes the proposed expansion of vocational education is the most important element of the report.
- He was a guiding mentor for generations of pupils who went through the vocational education system.
- These factors, in turn, have a severe impact on the vocational education and training in South Africa.
- The country has a highly developed social security system and places a strong emphasis on education and vocational training.
- We will shortly publish proposals to revitalise vocational education and adult learning.
- In the country, educators are moving to integrate academic and vocational education.
- We believe he should fully support a renewed focus on vocational education and training.
- The prime minister also said he wanted every child to stay in education or vocational training until they were at least 18.
- They also provide information on full and part-time vocational training and education courses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.