In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vocational guidance — orientación profesional feminine
- vocational training — formación profesional
- the course is directly vocational — el curso prepara específicamente para la profesión (or el oficio etc.)
- Some parents will want a school that specialises in vocational education.
- A key part of our campaign was to emphasise the promotion of vocational education.
- The prime minister also said he wanted every child to stay in education or vocational training until they were at least 18.
- We believe he should fully support a renewed focus on vocational education and training.
- And she believes the proposed expansion of vocational education is the most important element of the report.
- Business leaders gave a broad welcome to the proposals for putting vocational training on a more equal footing with academic subjects.
- I think we've neglected vocational education in the most tragic way.
- These factors, in turn, have a severe impact on the vocational education and training in South Africa.
- In Germany I saw an extremely well developed system of vocational education.
- We will shortly publish proposals to revitalise vocational education and adult learning.
- They are involved in a range of activities, from community work to vocational training and education.
- In the country, educators are moving to integrate academic and vocational education.
- They also provide information on full and part-time vocational training and education courses.
- Boosting vocational education and revamping the role of local councils were other priorities, he said.
- And he warns that the expansion of higher education could damage vocational training.
- Any vocational education needs, in my view, to be based firmly on a broad liberal-arts foundation.
- The minister for skills and vocational education, is expected to announce the proposals to Parliament in March.
- He was a guiding mentor for generations of pupils who went through the vocational education system.
- The country has a highly developed social security system and places a strong emphasis on education and vocational training.
- Most students expect teaching to be essentially vocational training.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.