In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They encounter a little ugly man who is understandably furious at the invasion of his property by these two strangers and vociferates horrific but comically impotent threats.
- She vociferated in fury, ‘All these years, I've never stopped loving you!’
- ‘Anytime,’ I heard him vociferate when I tried to trudge past him.
- While Andrea vociferated her opinions, Nicole worked quietly behind-the-scenes to make your life miserable if you gave her a reason to.
- Because he's singing love songs, he doesn't need to vociferate or complain.
1he vociferated his complaint — expresó su queja vociferando / a voz en cuello
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.