In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(facility)buzón de voz femininecorreo de voz masculine
- How do they like to communicate - by e-mail, voicemail or an informal chat when you drop by their office?
- I grabbed my phone out of my room and dialed her cell phone but got voicemail immediately.
- A voicemail message at its head office in London claims that the ‘office is now closed’.
- I couldn't actually work out what voicemail message she was talking about.
- Why don't voicemail systems have the same menu options to delete and store messages, for example?
- He advocated email as a useful alternative to meetings, or voicemail for communication purposes.
- I tried to phone your mobile but it kept going to voicemail!
- I didn't answer any of the calls - she left me two voicemail messages though.
- No longer will there be any need to leave multiple messages on email, voicemail and a pager.
- Or you can ignore it, send it to voicemail or forward the call to a wireless phone.
- All telephone enquiries from late June onwards were transferred to a mobile phone voicemail.
- When I listened to her voicemail, I noticed she said she would be back on Tuesday.
- Find out if you'll have access to voicemail and e-mail during your maternity leave.
- They also provide voicemail, call forwarding and conference calls, at no extra charge.
- Well, she phoned yesterday in the morning and left a message on my voicemail.
- He left a message, and hoped his friend would check his voicemail in the next hour or so.
- Her frantic family have been unable to find her and calls to her mobile telephone go straight to voicemail.
- After getting no reply, we called him yesterday, leaving a message on his voicemail.
- If you have to be away from your desk, have someone else answer the phone for you if you don't have voicemail or an answering machine.
- Why can't I figure out how to check my voicemail or get into the system to record my outgoing greeting?
2(message)mensaje de voz masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.