In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vóleibol masculinebalonvolea masculine
- They gather at the gym for basketball and volleyball, and at the local rink for hockey.
- If you're sociable, try a team sport such as volleyball, or find a workout partner.
- Basketball and volleyball are also popular sports but nothing comes close to football.
- As they ate, he noticed two teams of refugees playing volleyball in the street.
- She played volleyball and basketball, was on a swim team and was an outstanding soccer player.
- These kinds of injuries are common in basketball, football, volleyball, and soccer.
- For most people, beaches are gregarious places for fun and games, cricket and football, volleyball and kites.
- Apart from athletics, she also competes in a wide range of events such as gymnastics, volleyball and basketball.
- The Zambia team will compete in several events among them volleyball, netball, table tennis and swimming.
- The most popular spectator and participant sports are soccer and volleyball.
- The games facilities will cater for sports such as table tennis, volleyball, pool and badminton.
- These include track events for athletes and team events in netball, soccer and volleyball.
- She is a fine athlete and has played volleyball and basketball for her school.
- Athletes will compete in track and field, volleyball, football, netball and basketball.
- In addition, Sydney fielded teams in soccer, volleyball, basketball and rugby.
- She used to play volleyball for her school team but quit due to the risk of injury.
- On the flip side, there was some good volleyball played during the tournament.
- Among the clubs that have received funding are alpine sports, rugby league, volleyball, cricket and golf.
- Basketball, handball, and volleyball are modern sports that are beginning to catch on.
- Football was number one but he had also done athletics, basketball, volleyball and cricket.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.