In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1votantehe's a lifelong Democrat voter — siempre ha votado por / a los demócratas
- before noun voter registration — inscripción en el registro / padrón electoral
- Online voters also have the option of voting with a paper ballot in the traditional way.
- As a minimum, every postal vote should record the national insurance number of the voter.
- The system asks voters who they plan to vote for and then analyses the results.
- On this he is out of tune with the majority of Liberal Democrat voters, who wholly oppose war.
- Polling cards are sent out to all voters and give details of where and when to vote.
- Would you happen to have access to the percentages of eligible voters who in fact voted?
- So why is the voter turnout so low during the election that directly affects us all?
- As a result voters could get a vote at a polling station while still being able to vote again online from home.
- At the stage of completing the ballot paper the voter has exercised his right to vote in order of preference.
- No wonder only one in three voters bothered to vote in last month's local elections.
- Hence the political strength of the citizen body as voters in the citizen assembly.
- I assume this means you think we've hit on policies which might be popular with voters.
- Argentine voters are due to go to the polls to elect a new president on 30 March next year.
- What do you think will be the most important issue for voters in this election?
- This applies to both voters that have applied for a postal vote and those that have not.
- A state law allows polls to close early if all registered voters have cast ballots.
- There was no way of checking whether the person who had applied for the vote was the legitimate voter.
- To be a single-issue voter, especially in this election, is ignorant and selfish.
- Every person who is eligible to vote must be registered as a voter in a single polling division.
- The fact that only a small percentage of the voters bothered to vote is neither here nor there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.