1latín vulgar masculine
- The Sueves have left very few linguistic traces of their Germanic tongue because they adopted the language of the Romanised Celts, who spoke a vulgar Latin that was gradually changing into Galician.
- Because of its remote location, this version of vulgar Latin departed more from the prestigious Roman variant than the Iberian variants that had more direct access to the capital of the Roman empire.
- It provides rich information for historical linguists as to how vulgar Latin was evolving.
- In shooting the film in Aramaic and vulgar Latin, and casting it largely with unknown faces, he effectively distanced it from the absurdity of most American films about Jesus, which have had the Son of God speaking in Californian English.
- Concerning the survival of passio in vulgar Latin, I believe just as he does, namely, that it survived as a learned and ecclesiastical word, with the meaning of illness, as in Christ's suffering.
- A rotten place to work, and an eyesore, without even a vulgar Latin inscription to adorn it…