1esclavo (del trabajo) masculineesclava (del trabajo) femininecurrante feminine Spain informal
- There is nothing post-modern about being a wage slave.
- A wage slave, you work for $8 an hour at some big box store - and this might be it for the rest of your life.
- In the marketplace everything becomes a commodity and all workers become wage slaves who can be fired without compunction.
- Unfortunately for savers, they are being slaughtered by inflation very silently but at least they are alive to work like a wage slave for another day.
- I'd said it before, during my time as a B&N wage slave, and it had never come back to haunt me.
- Why work as a wage slave when the promise of big payoff from being on TV is only an audition away?
- We are, in effect, wage slaves for huge corporations which were designed in the 19th century.
- Now, my husband is in a business that is expanding and will probably bring in more money annually than the two of us ever made as wage slaves.
- Suffice to say, much as I would love to be a wage slave again for the sake of my dreams of becoming a homeowner, I am not ready.
- I am a writer, a musician, an activist, but maybe most importantly right now, I am a student and I am a wage slave.
- The make billions each year and treat their ‘associates’ like wage slaves.
- Years ago I was working as a wage slave, collecting carts for my local grocery store.
- Not only do entrepreneurs have to work differently from the wage slave, they have to think differently, too.
- There were plenty of ‘good salary’ job offers but he rejected all those as he did not want to be a wage slave.
- In the 1970s the plight of the Third World coffee farmer was the first wake-up call that modern agribusiness was transforming subsistence farmers into wage slaves.
- The self-indulgent lifestyle of the celebrity nouveau riches is as far from her experience as it is from any wage slave in a tedious job.
- The mass entry of women into the workplace has transformed them from unpaid domestic slaves into wage slaves with cash to spend.
- Most of the children are refugees or illegal immigrants or are themselves the children of agricultural wage slaves.
- We, as wage slaves, are accustomed to thinking of income in a very narrow way: what we got paid.
- It is an opportunity to acquire knowledge and new skills, keep the brain cells ticking over and have fun you never had time for when you were a wage slave.