In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1revestimiento de paneles de madera masculineboiserie feminine
- The floor was laid in blue slate, the walls done in oak wainscot beneath swirled plaster painted a desert sand color.
- Old fir flooring, recovered from a demolished building, finds new life as wainscot in the Ecotrust Building, Portland, Oregon.
- A pine staircase leads up to the bedrooms, the largest of which has a red deal floor as well as a timber wainscot.
- Using historic photographs and sampling of paint layers, TLCD restored or reconstructed the original finishes, colors, and wainscot.
- The dry rot has now entered the wainscot surrounding the lower part of the ground floor walls.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.