In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pretina femininecinturilla feminine
- Korbin stood up from his sitting position and hooked a thumb on the waistband of his jeans.
- They were alarmed to see a firearm tucked into the waistband of his trousers and only later did they find out it was an air pistol.
- They are usually black, white or gray with the brand name written around the waistband.
- Jeans are growing back up to the waistband as women become slightly more modest about showing off their underwear every time they sit down.
- His waist was thin and his hips narrow where the end of the shirt tucked into the back waistband of the shorts.
- Witnesses say he appeared to have a gun tucked into his waistband.
- It's a vision of pink flesh brimming over the waistband of a skirt far too tight - and short - for her age.
- When the kiss ended, she tugged his shirt free from the waistband of his jeans.
- I have read recent reports from people saying that Britney Spears wears trousers with the waistband too low.
- They don't have a button on the waistband but since I rarely wear short tops that's okay.
- He said officers found a knife in the waistband of her trousers.
- A set-in waistband hints at a waist, while the flared hemline softens a boxy shape.
- It was body-temperature warm from being hidden in the waistband of a pair of sweatpants.
- With trousers and skirts the label is commonly on the waistband and/or the hip pockets.
- Use this technique on skirts, pants, shorts or any garment with a sewn-on waistband.
- He was fat and his belly looked as if it applied a little too much pressure on the waistband of his trousers.
- Don the sunglasses and look for vests with zippered details and bomber jackets with elasticized waistbands and cuffs.
- I refused to wear tight skirts, waistbands, or uncomfortable shoes.
- Choose elasticized waistbands or smooth-front waistbands with elastic in back, but avoid too much fullness; have just enough for a comfortable fit over the hips and waist.
- Thanks to breathable fabrics like linen and comfortable details like drawstring waistbands, this summer's trends are aimed at making you feel at ease in the summer heat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.