In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lista de espera feminine
- Joy arrived five years ago, when she was put on the waiting list for social housing.
- Thousands of other sick people languishing on transplant waiting lists across the country are not so lucky.
- The Auditor General's report into hospital waiting lists last week was pretty damning any way you look at it.
- Charging patients who fail to keep hospital appointments could cut hospital waiting lists.
- Once the guide dogs are fully trained they are matched with a blind person on the waiting list.
- Unfortunately, this fell on the very day that we learned that hospital waiting lists are longer than ever.
- The gynaecology waiting lists are some of the shortest waiting lists at the hospital.
- They also spent over two years on the active waiting list before receiving a transplant.
- I find that your name is still on the waiting list and that you have not yet been admitted to hospital for your operation.
- Housing chiefs say that waiting lists and homelessness are likely to grow during this period.
- Mr Greenway claims the decision does not make sense and will increase patient waiting lists at other hospitals.
- In two thirds of cities surveyed, waiting lists for public housing are a year or longer.
- The waiting list for heart surgery in a public hospital is now more than a year.
- The housing waiting list was still far too long and he hoped to see more schools completed on the new housing estates.
- Housing stocks are limited and waiting lists in the borough continue to grow.
- The total raised so far could wipe out NHS waiting lists for eight years.
- So are most of the people whose names languish on social housing waiting lists around Nunavut.
- The fund was set up two years ago to reduce waiting lists for hospitals.
- He attended the hospital for five months and was placed on a waiting list for a liver transplant.
- Nearly half a million people could benefit from a new scheme aimed at reducing hospital waiting lists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.