In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de espera feminine
- It really is a bit like walking into the waiting room of a small police station.
- Many ICUs do not have private rooms near waiting rooms where doctors and nurses can consult and inform family members in confidence.
- It is now routine for London Underground stations, railway stations and hospital waiting rooms to have signs warning us not to be rude to staff.
- This a special skill only found on public transport and in doctors' waiting rooms, involving staring at anything, everything, even the stain on the window, just to avoid looking directly at someone else.
- Take the magazine I picked up recently in the waiting room of my daughter's music school.
- Patients waiting for appointments had to sit in the main corridors because there wasn't even a waiting room.
- It sets out plans for new rolling stock, extra services at peak times and a revamp of every station - including new car parks and waiting rooms.
- In a waiting room resembling an interrogation room, we made an official report.
- On the door of a waiting room at East Croydon station this afternoon, I saw the following sign.
- A discussion took place in the waiting room of the custody suite at the Police Station at Crawley.
- We are not supposed to be alarmed, and everything is designed to ease our anxieties: dentists' waiting rooms resemble domestic living rooms, shopping centres are teeming with security guards.
- Also included would be a medical centre with consultation rooms, surgery, treatment rooms, reception, waiting rooms, administration and staff rooms and a car park.
- Physicians should serve as role models by limiting the use of television and videos in waiting rooms and patient rooms.
- The improvements will vary from station to station, but include waiting rooms, toilets, shelters, CCTV and improved customer information systems.
- The handouts can be copied and placed in examination rooms or waiting rooms so patients can read about topics of personal interest.
- Most felt strongly about the need to redress the balance in favour of public transport, demanding more carriages on peak-hour trains, better bus stops and station waiting rooms and more bus routes.
- But that will pass and they will get used to it, just as they are now used to not smoking on buses, trains, planes, in doctors' waiting rooms, in supermarkets.
- Twenty minutes later found both Jasper and I sitting in the hospital waiting room.
- He proposed setting up a kiosk at the bus station with a waiting room and toilets.
- So we'll hear more and more audio ads in captive-audience situations like elevators, taxicabs, and doctors' waiting rooms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.