In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Architecturewalk-in pantry — despensa feminine
- walk-in closet — vestidor
- E's sleeping area was a converted walk-in closet, with two mattresses thrown on the floor.
- Practical features include a walk-in cupboard in the bathroom and gas central heating throughout.
- Entrance is through a spacious hallway with recessed lighting, oak flooring, a walk-in storage closet and a security intercom.
- The entire first floor is given over to the master bedroom suite, which features an en suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe area as well as fitted wardrobes.
- Decorated in deep yellow with a large feature stencil, it has a walk-in wardrobe with fitted storage.
- A new fitted kitchen with timber framed windows overlooks the rear of the property and one of the two bedrooms has a walk-in cupboard providing generous storage space.
- Decorated in peach, this area includes a walk-in cloakroom and guest toilet.
- Two-bedroom units have one en suite bathroom while some also feature storage rooms and walk-in wardrobes.
- Closets - lots of closets, preferably walk-in, and as much additional storage space as possible.
- There is access to an extensive walk-in storage area that stretches the length of the room.
- There is extensive walk-in eaves storage at this level, which the present owners use as a storage and utility room, as it is plumbed for a washing machine.
- There is a walk-in attic storage area off the games room.
- It is fitted with floor and eye level cupboards, with a spacious walk-in pantry providing additional storage.
- This has a sink unit, various storage presses and a walk-in wine cellar while a side door leads to an enclosed yard with a patio area, boiler house and fuel store.
- At the back of the hall steps lead down to an open area with a walk-in laundry cupboard and understairs storage.
- Each apartment has oceans of storage, including a walk-in hallway cupboard.
- The rambling old beach house had a dozen or more rooms, attics, walk-in closets with hidden panels and a widow's walk that gave a view of the ocean.
- He uses it as a combination walk-in closet and storage space, ‘a rarity in Toronto,’ he notes.
- This area includes a walk-in understairs storage facility and a cloaks closet.
- As well as fitted wardrobes, the room has a large walk-in dressing area.
2UScon acceso directo desde la calle
donde no es necesario pedir hora para ser atendido
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.