In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Architecturewalk-in pantry — despensa feminine
- walk-in closet — vestidor
- A new fitted kitchen with timber framed windows overlooks the rear of the property and one of the two bedrooms has a walk-in cupboard providing generous storage space.
- This area includes a walk-in understairs storage facility and a cloaks closet.
- At the back of the hall steps lead down to an open area with a walk-in laundry cupboard and understairs storage.
- Each apartment has oceans of storage, including a walk-in hallway cupboard.
- Entrance is through a spacious hallway with recessed lighting, oak flooring, a walk-in storage closet and a security intercom.
- He uses it as a combination walk-in closet and storage space, ‘a rarity in Toronto,’ he notes.
- Practical features include a walk-in cupboard in the bathroom and gas central heating throughout.
- It is fitted with floor and eye level cupboards, with a spacious walk-in pantry providing additional storage.
- The rambling old beach house had a dozen or more rooms, attics, walk-in closets with hidden panels and a widow's walk that gave a view of the ocean.
- Decorated in deep yellow with a large feature stencil, it has a walk-in wardrobe with fitted storage.
- There is a walk-in attic storage area off the games room.
- Closets - lots of closets, preferably walk-in, and as much additional storage space as possible.
- Two-bedroom units have one en suite bathroom while some also feature storage rooms and walk-in wardrobes.
- There is access to an extensive walk-in storage area that stretches the length of the room.
- Decorated in peach, this area includes a walk-in cloakroom and guest toilet.
- As well as fitted wardrobes, the room has a large walk-in dressing area.
- There is extensive walk-in eaves storage at this level, which the present owners use as a storage and utility room, as it is plumbed for a washing machine.
- E's sleeping area was a converted walk-in closet, with two mattresses thrown on the floor.
- The entire first floor is given over to the master bedroom suite, which features an en suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe area as well as fitted wardrobes.
- This has a sink unit, various storage presses and a walk-in wine cellar while a side door leads to an enclosed yard with a patio area, boiler house and fuel store.
2UScon acceso directo desde la calle
3USdonde no es necesario pedir hora para ser atendido
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.