In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But I came from a clan of travelers, mountaineers and wanderers, and the idea of escape occurred naturally to me.
- I have always been fascinated by nomads, because for most of our million years of human history, we were all nomads, wanderers on a pristine planet.
- These wanderers still travel to the ruins of the old house and try to start up the old hearth fire.
- His only customers were Jason and Brian and an occasional traveler or wanderer.
- From time immemorial our human race has been called a race of wanderers and wayfarers, a restless people forever setting forth in pursuit of a better life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.