In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Militarysimulacro de combate masculine
- Also joining the war games are ships and personnel from Canada, Holland, Germany, Peru, Norway, Italy, Denmark, France and Australia.
- They called for a halt to the war game to invade the North, including the Stryker Brigade Combat Team's drill in South Korea, and signing of a nonaggression treaty with the North.
- Members from all branches of the Army participated in a week-long war game to help dictate the future of the Signal Corps.
- There are two components to a war game: field exercises and command post exercises.
- The most recent US command-and-control exercise, conducted last month, was a war game simulating a US invasion of Iran in 2007.
- Even now, Gardiner said after the war game, the military sees post-conflict operations as peripheral to its duties.
- Central Command held a major war game Oct.4 and 5 to test Gen. Franks' plan.
- A rare war game will be held next month simulating a terrorist attack on Taipei, officials said yesterday.
- The war game identified the direct linkages between raw material sources, production capacity and the employment and sustainment of combat systems.
- That's because Fidel Castro's government is telling the Cuban people that the war games are intended to deter what could be an imminent U.S. invasion of the island.
- North Korea says the situation is deteriorating and nearing the brink of nuclear conflict, with the US and South Korea exercising war games in the area.
- Helicopters rumbled overhead and gunfire crackled as a military unit engaged in a war game under the gaze of a crowd dotted with military uniforms.
- In 1984, I participated in a war game featuring a Cessna rigged with a tiny nuke and flown by a suicide pilot.
- These tactics have been a routine ingredient of every major Army war game for the past five years.
- THE US spent £165 million on the biggest war game in military history earlier this month.
- Japan's army and US Marines will conduct joint war games early next year simulating the retaking of an isolated island captured by an enemy - the first exercise of its kind by the two militaries, a news report said yesterday.
- Several senior officers attended war game training recently aimed at improving logistical concepts and improving capability development.
- During the war game, the S - 1 should brief casualty estimates and you should brief the medical concept of support for these estimates by phase.
- At that time, the Central Command had what they called an exercise, a war game, called ‘Internal Luck.’
- The newspaper also said a large-scale joint-force war game will be conducted in the ‘near future’ following training that has lasted almost two months.
2Gamesjuego de guerra masculine
- Battle of Britain is a war game for the personal computer from noted designer Gary Grigsby.
- Ultimately it is the American audience that today's war games are developed for, so the ‘gung-ho’ attitude you object to is sadly nothing new.
- I like flight simulators and mission-based war games.
- Today there is a much more diversified selection of games available, from war games to Eurogames.
- After spending a couple of months with WarBirds III, I can definitely see the appeal in this multi-player online war game.
- Actually, it took the combination of squad based elements and first person shooting to innovate the war game with last year's award winning Call of Duty.
- Using a newly built electronic command post, Franks and his thousand-strong team of US and British staff officers will fight a sophisticated electronic war game which will simulate a campaign against Iraq.
- They are also organising a paintball war game for deaf and hearing members.
- There are a handful of games for children, a seemingly endless series of rehashes of Victorian parlor games, war games, and that's it.
- The new group took part in paintball war games, held at a remote bush property two hours drive south of Perth.
- Others, particularly fans of war games, see games as a simulation, a way to reproduce reality.
- Soldiers of Liberty combines the depth of a squad based game with the intensity of an action-packed war game that unfolds in the streets, subways, and buildings of the city.
- Despite its faults, it provides the best mix of playability and serious simulation yet seen in a computer war game.
- It was a war game based on the American Civil War.
- Desai said games could cover a wide range of possibilities from role playing and adventure to simulation, sports, war games and ‘edutainment’ that blends learning and playing.
- This game is played like the traditional war game.
- Every year our games club has an auction, most of which are war games.
- The main activities of Magic Mon are computer gaming, card games, board games and war games.
- This last group of lots consisted of war games and European-style board games.
- Have you seen the ads for the latest batch of simulated war games?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.