In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maquinaria bélica feminine
- The company was so wound up with the German war machine, the Australian army raided its offices in 1914 to end its traffic with enemy agencies.
- This is no time to stand with a Labour government that has thrown its lot in with the US war machine while attacking groups like the firefighters at home.
- We call for the dismantling of the Pentagon war machine and the elimination of all weapons of mass destruction, above all in the United States and other imperialist centers.
- Pearl Harbor became a battle cry, and the U.S. war machine was put in high gear and led to the defeat of Imperial Japanese troops in 1945.
- It is about a desire on the part of those that have hijacked the American government to create a permanent war machine abroad, and a proto-fascist state at home.
- When polls show 70% of Americans against war, the war machine has a problem.
- Can we stand idly by while in the name of the fight against terrorism countries are bombed or invaded by the US war machine?
- However, with both an over-extended war machine and an economy dependent like the war machine - on rapidly dwindling fossil fuels, that disaster may not be long in the offing
- Hydroelectric dams - invincible to the inaccuracies of high-altitude bombing - powered the Reich's war machine.
- The Soviet war machine in this period was arguably the most powerful in Europe and increasing in potency year by year.
- Overnight, it seemed, our war machine metastasized and our mass media militarized.
- During World War I, while some young men donned doughboy uniforms in the service for Uncle Sam at a government wage, others went into factories to arm the war machine.
- To meet the needs of the Iraqi war machine and the servicing of government debt, the Baath Party stepped up attacks on the working class.
- Many German-Americans would serve alongside US forces fighting the Axis war machine in World War II.
- There were no Afghanistan terrorists on those planes and no one on the ground there is particularly keen on being bombed by the US war machine.
- Monty was a highly experienced soldier, the hero of the battle of El Alamein; Eisenhower was the Supreme Commander with ultimate authority to direct the vast resources of the allied war machine.
- With a huge war machine, the US government will gain in military terms.
- The game is played out in real time as you build bases and command armies while making sure you are harvesting enough resources to keep the war machine going.
- Derek Durkin from Scotland No 2 branch added, ‘We can't continue to finance a war machine that is gunning down our members.
- Whatever the future for the National Missile Defence system, the might of the US war machine is already daunting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.