In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recorrido de salas masculine
- Assembling on the surgical ward for our first ward round, we were like snowmen on parade, with freshly starched white coats and stethoscopes shyly peeping from pockets.
- What crime did these children commit to deserve this punishment, asks an Iraqi paediatrician at the end of her heartbreaking ward round.
- On the morning ward round the nurses mentioned that she had vomited earlier, and there was evidence of fresh vomit on her sheets.
- The sixth surgeon conducted the ward round the next morning.
- All members of the team sat in with me in an outpatient clinic and observed my ward round of inpatients.
- Nor even is it quite clear how the ‘productivity’ of, say, a doctor on her ward round should be measured.
- For this reason, while I was a senior house officer in a busy district general hospital my migraines often occurred just before or during the post-take ward round.
- On the post-take ward round his intravenous antibiotics were stopped and his prescription written for discharge.
- This is a fictional account reconstructed from a conversation we held on a ward round with a senior house officer and consultant during my obstetrics and gynaecology clinical rotations.
- He acted as anaesthetist for the operation on Mrs A, having responded to an urgent call while he was doing a ward round in the intensive care unit at Homerton.
- Rather than showing patients generic images on the postoperative ward round, we show pictures of their own operation.
- In principle an evening clinic is no more family unfriendly than an evening ward round or an emergency operating session.
- The next morning the case was presented on the ward round, and the side for surgery was marked.
- During the ward round, I briefly presented Krishna's case, proudly described the technicalities of the surgery, and was unanimously congratulated on the excellent results.
- As a specialist registrar in old age psychiatry, I joined a geriatric medical ward round to pick up patients who would benefit from psychiatric input and to brush up on my geriatric medicine.
- Even hand washing has been viewed as an act or sign of abandonment; and the traditional ward round, with the professor followed by retinue, may also be perceived as insulting and humiliating.
- He actually asked me what I thought should be done for almost every patient on the ward round.
- Although there was a consultants' dining room in the hospital, he preferred a quick lunch at home, where he could see patients between the morning clinic and the afternoon ward round.
- At the ward round, we decided that medical treatment had failed and agreed to discuss with Laura as to whether she would like us to stop treatment as she was suffering so much.
- The next patient on the post-take ward round was a ‘straightforward’ overdose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.