In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothes cupboard)armario masculineropero masculine Latin Americafitted / built-in wardrobe — placar(d)
- James nodded understandingly, and led Leanne up a narrow corridor and into a small bedroom where there was a bed, a wardrobe and a desk.
- Many kids are scared of monsters under the bed, ogres and bogeymen lurking in wardrobes and the cupboard under the stairs.
- Be prepared for potential buyers to root around in cupboards and wardrobes, even under the beds, and ensure they are neat as a pin.
- This is fitted with a hand basin and a double wardrobe with vanity area and overhead presses.
- The spacious master bedroom includes a bank of built-in wardrobes, overhead cupboards and a vanity unit and also has a fully tiled en suite bathroom.
- The other walls were occupied by wardrobes, cupboards and more posters.
- The one to four room flats had built-in wardrobes and cupboards, electric fires, and a communal central heating and hot water system.
- Each has a built-in wardrobe with overhead cupboards, and the larger has a floor to ceiling bay window.
- Corner cupboards and wardrobes are very useful in an awkward space, but check the cupboard forms a true angle, as some were custom built to fit an irregular wall.
- There was a single bed, a wardrobe and a desk with a chair.
- All four are equipped with either built-in wardrobes or cupboards.
- The room has a built-in wardrobe and storage cupboard and ceiling access to an attic storage area.
- This is a single room with built-in pine units incorporating wardrobes, shelving, cupboards, a desk and dressing table.
- This also has floor to ceiling wardrobe with overhead cupboards and a vanity area.
- All of the bedrooms have fitted wardrobes and wash hand basins while one rear bedroom also has an en suite shower room.
- It has built-in wardrobes, shelving, cupboards and a built-in bed.
- The closet was opposite the bed and there was also a wardrobe near the bookcase.
- In the free-ads in the local paper this week will be one double bed, one wardrobe, one bookcase, 2 sofas and a bedside table.
- The other bedroom at this level is a single with fitted bunk beds, a wardrobe, dressing table and sink.
- The school also raided wardrobes and cupboards for old clothes to sell to a company that re-use, recycle or burns them to create energy.
- In the entire wardrobe there were two pairs of pants that she would consider alright to wear.
- His entire wardrobe was made up of dark-colored clothing, whereas most of her gowns were light and airy, beautiful to look at.
- There were colorful pareos, wrapped for wear in sundry ways by Tahitian women, who can get by with half a dozen as their entire wardrobe.
- If you find yourself a partner of a similar height and build to yourself, you are effectively doubling your collective wardrobes.
- Spring Collection is a wardrobe full of dance works by some of the best-known names in dance and choreography.
- Beware of toddlers running around in authentic Renaissance outfits that cost more than your entire wardrobe.
- The star never travels without a huge wardrobe and extensive entourage, she is famed for outrageous riders at her shows.
- At the weekly outdoor markets, think of your store cupboard instead of your wardrobe.
- Now you have an official excuse to pack an entire wardrobe instead…
- But what I am saying is that I need to replace my entire expensively skinny wardrobe and replace it with clothes that won't choke me.
- That gorgeous suit looked like it cost more than my entire wardrobe combined.
- Under life sentence in my wardrobe are a pair of rubbery silver trousers, a black boob tube and a fluffy white jumper which sheds whenever I walk, making me look like a giant dandelion.
- It could be someone who has a new job and has to change their entire wardrobe or it could just be someone who is looking for a special outfit.
- I have a collection of beanie babies on top of my wardrobe mingling with the collection of bottle trophies from my lush men!
- Record collections and wardrobes were junked, long hair was out, and lives were changed by what felt at the time like a genuine cultural revolution.
- She changed her name, her wardrobe and her entire outlook on life.
- The entire three-quarters of my wardrobe was black.
- My parents told me over and over that I was only going to be there for a number of days, a few weeks at the most, yet my entire wardrobe had been packed.
- The collection includes virtually the entire wardrobe from formal to casual and party wear, in both Western and Indian sensibilities.
- On the back seat is my stereo, my entire wardrobe, CD collection, books, pictures and everything that meant anything to me.
2(set of clothes)guardarropa masculinevestuario masculinea large wardrobe — un surtido guardarropa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.