In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1depósito masculinealmacén masculinebodega feminine Mexico Colombia Chilebefore noun at warehouse prices — a precios de mayorista
- At present most of the site is used as a distribution warehouse and very little manufacturing is carried out.
- By the time his first son was born James Lever was managing a wholesale grocer's warehouse and shop on Manor Street, near where Bank Street crossed the Croal.
- In an attempt to both improve service and cut costs, Amazon decided to build its own warehouses and distribution facilities.
- The site, formerly a warehouse and distribution centre sold by Challis to Northminster in 1997, has already attracted five companies.
- A retail warehouse under construction at Nutgrove Avenue in Rathfarnham is now available to rent through Jones Lang LaSalle.
- The retail operation has grown to such an extent that the company has moved its warehouse and distribution centre to much larger premises on the Main Line industrial estate, near Milnthorpe.
- The Iqaluit Fitness Society held its first open house on March 28 at the Coman Arctic Building, a blue warehouse directly across from the airport.
- Driving across rural Iowa is like driving through the warehouse and light manufacturing district of a great city.
- This acquisition follows Maplin's recent purchase of a standalone 580 square metre retail warehouse in Belfast earlier this month.
- The new £1 million building, a former warehouse, has had £700,000 of work carried out to convert it.
- Like any retail warehouse running manpower and machinery at full holiday throttle, it's an impressive display.
- For four years he worked as a door-to-door salesman selling knitwear from a suitcase before using his savings to open a wholesale warehouse.
- If any kind benefactor will allow them the use of a warehouse or suitable building for approximately six months - it must have good access - they'd love to hear from you.
- He also established the UK's first wholesale greeting cards cash-and-carry warehouse at Barlow Fold and was the main sponsor of Bury Football Club for many years.
- Temporarily works in a warehouse for a minimum-staff retail chain.
- Traditionally mall-bound department stores are moving out of town and building multi-acre warehouses.
- The loft conversion of the Itasca building, an old warehouse near the river on North First Street, surprised many by selling quickly.
- When they finally stopped, the teenagers were taken into another building that resembled a warehouse.
- Glyn, a maintenance supervisor at a distribution warehouse, insisted on parking his own car, which was only two weeks old, instead of allowing staff to do so.
- Some locals believe that the nation-wide company is using the building as a warehouse with some people witnessing large crates being brought in and out of the premises.
- In a planning notice in a national newspaper he indicates that he wishes to change the use of two units from a retail warehouse to ‘unrestricted retail use’.
- Some Continental glass, currently sold at markets and discount warehouses, is advertised as hand-cut, but a close examination of the surface will reveal the flow marks of pressed glass.
- Today, the island's west coast is an ugly strip of marbled shopping malls and the kind of throbbing theme pubs that import their memorabilia wholesale from a warehouse in Wisconsin.
- The main types of stores that tend to fill up our retail warehouses are DIY stores, furniture stores, computer stores and toy stores, according to Cormac Kennedy.
- Wroughton farmers are to turn two old grain stores into a modern warehouse for storage and distribution.
- The loft's building was once a warehouse, and the apartment has a view of the Bay Bridge's underside.
- Members receive special discounts but the warehouse is open to all.
- At last the old warehouse building on Sugar House Quay is coming down, or at least the front façade is being taken away in the interest of safety.
- The chief problem (to bring new readers up to date) is that, in the early part of last year, Penguin opened a brand-new warehouse and distribution centre.
- The pair is seeking permission for a development which would feature retail warehouses.
- The following day massive actions by hundreds of people began against supermarkets, warehouses, and any shop whose doors were open.
- Before the buildings around the warehouse had seemed to lean away from it, trying as hard as they could to seem unfriendly toward it.
- Our first gallery is located in a retail warehouse - not a place one would expect to see a fine art gallery.
- A planning application was made in March 2001 for the site of the distribution warehouse of the Keighley-based Peter Black Holdings.
- The application from Hazelmark is for a two phase mixed retail development including a district shopping centre and a retail warehouse.
- For trinkets, the Skagway Outlet Store is a warehouse of value-priced souvenirs - most items cost just a few bucks.
- Now that Wembley isn't the shopping Mecca it used to be, this big blue warehouse is the only retail magnet in the local area.
- We checked into the Tai Hoe Hotel in the Indian Quarter of Singapore, close to downtown and to the discount electronic warehouses.
- They work in restaurants and food preparation, in warehouses and manufacturing.
- Fashion outlets, also known as discount warehouse stores, are large shopping areas often located on a city's outskirts.
1almacenarguardar en depósitoguardar en almacénguardar en bodega Mexico Colombia Chile
- It is almost as expensive to hold, move and warehouse things as to produce them.
- Nyco has an extensive worldwide agent/distributor network to warehousing materials worldwide for customer just-in-time delivery.
- Last year, Tina marketed a product for which she had no manufacturing costs, and which her suppliers warehoused for her, at her clients' expense, until delivery.
- When warehoused these goods must be kept in a secure or caged area.
- The new 23,000 square foot facility will allow for VAS ' entire inventory to be warehoused and staged under one roof.
- Plenty of food grains are publicly financed and publicly warehoused.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.