In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But it has only confirmed his role as a ‘yes man’ for the most right-wing government in US history and a warmonger in his own right.
- But whatever means they find to perpetrate this assault they must be opposed for the warmongers they are.
- The warmongers talk of ‘blowback’, referring to unintended negative results in combat.
- To stop the slaughter, a struggle had to be taken up against the warmongers in control, on both sides.
- What should have been a day of joy for freedom lovers, and those who believe in international solidarity, instead became a day of triumph for warmongers.
- He and fellow warmongers know they are murdering the innocent.
- It was precisely such censorship under the Taliban that liberal warmongers cited as a reason for violent regime change.
- Now there are forged documents designed to discredit the anti-war movement - proof the warmongers have no creditable argument.
- Not only can it further raise the pressure on the warmongers, but it can also unite all those who oppose their attacks on pensions, refugees and the environment.
- The anti-war movement served notice on the warmongers that they will continue to face deep opposition.
- Never has there been a war where so many were so sceptical about the build-up and the reasons for it, and never has there been so many difficulties for the warmongers.
- We should follow their lead in taking to the streets, punishing the warmongers at the polls and ending the policies that bring terror.
- When the bombing started they quickly lined up behind the warmongers.
- However, in the warmongers ' hands science can be used against us.
- But that didn't stop the warmongers rushing to denounce the dossier as lies before they had set eyes on it.
- We must do all we can to stop him and the other warmongers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.