In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerrero masculineguerrera feminine
- She's a fighter, a warrior, as much as any man - and she does have something to fight for.
- Our soldiers must be warriors who understand Army Values and can work as part of a team.
- The only people who had to abide by any duty of standing with their lord were the warriors as can be seen by the account of the Battle of Maldon.
- All through the summer the sound of weapon on shield echoed through the vale as warriors honed their fighting skills.
- Who were these fierce warriors who came from the countries that we call Denmark, Norway and Sweden today?
- The Second Crusade then provides a reference point for the role of clerics and warriors.
- This warrior hero was ideally suited to the cinematic portrayal of the prototype Fuhrer figure.
- The concept of nobility demanded that a warrior would defend his honour, and that of his family, sword in hand.
- It is now clear that the best soldiers are the best warriors but not necessarily the best peacekeepers.
- Welsh legend told of how the souls of brave warriors flew to heaven in the form of eagles.
- The report spoke with great seriousness of the value of women as soldiers, warriors.
- Bushido, the code of the samurai warrior, was the creed of the Japanese soldiers.
- Pre-Christian warriors hoped to meet a quick, short death, hopefully heroically in battle.
- They accept the fact that they signed up to be warriors, and warriors fight, and often die fighting.
- Is there some cost to us of turning our warriors and soldiers into peacekeepers?
- High-status warriors, nobles, and priests ate the flesh of those sacrificed.
- You shall find her and let her know it is not acceptable to desert the way of the warriors.
- The only hindrance being the armour and the shields that warriors of the period carried.
- These boats were protected by two hundred mounted warriors on each side of the river.
- The kings would go out surrounded by leopards and legions of warriors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.