In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jabalí verrugoso masculine
- Hogs have fallen to my sixguns in Oregon, Missouri, Texas and Arizona, as have the warthogs of South Africa, not to mention the pig-like peccaries or javelina of the Southwest.
- Also on sale were Burchells Zebra, blue and black wildebeest, lechwe, waterbuck, eland, impala, bontebuck, kudu, ostrich, hartebeest, blesbuck, springbok, warthog and mountain reedbuck.
- Other animals, such as waterbucks, kudus, warthogs, and baboons, drank from the same troughs.
- Certain prey like bush pig and warthog, with their razor-sharp tusks, are handled differently from the horned and kicking antelopes.
- When I was in the midst of the baboon troop, animals that are normally extremely wary of humans, like bushbuck, warthogs, and bat-eared foxes, walked right up to me; a warthog even let her babies play at my feet.
- The big cat typically preys on smaller antelope, warthogs, hares, and game birds - the very animals that range freely on the Hoedspruit property.
- Other animal species to look out for include impala, blue wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, nyala, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, cheetah, hyena, jackal and giraffe.
- Dozens of other animals were also killed, including antelope, zebra, warthogs, baboons and birds. ½ United States
- It was these drinking poses which enabled the giraffe supplant the warthog as Alex's favourite animal.
- Burrows which have been abandoned may be used for shelter by bats, ground squirrels, hares, cats, civets, hyenas, jackals, porcupines, monitor lizards, owls and warthogs.
- In eastern Africa, they mostly hunt Thomson's gazelles, but they will also attack calves, warthogs, zebras, impalas, and the young of large antelopes such as the gnu.
- Wild pigs include the warthog, giant forest hog and red river hog.
- I was immune to this problem by dint of having only one merely medium-sized bag - a baby warthog, or a few meerkats - with no presents in it.
- Currently we've got warthogs, monkeys, a baboon, small antelopes, a scrub hare and an Egyptian goose.
- Add up all the lions, elephants, warthogs, giraffes, gazelles, zebras, impalas, topis and hyenas that live on these plains and they fail to outnumber the gnus.
- As for antelopes, baboons, chimps, crocodiles, gazelles, giraffes, hippos, hyenas, warthogs and zebras, well, they're ten a shilling.
- He was an exceptional guide, able simultaneously to drive a 4WD vehicle, identify a juvenile pale chanting goshawk and relate a children's story about why warthogs run with their tails held erect.
- In the dry season, July to November, the river is an excellent place for observing large numbers of game including lions, leopards, hunting dogs, giraffe, waterbuck, eland and warthogs.
- Yet should a warthog or impala wander under the tree in which it is passing the time of day, eyes will light up and it will drop like a stone onto the unsuspecting animal for a free meal.
- For warthog and zebra the equivalent newborn/adult ratio was calculated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.