In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(ring)arandela femininefeminine arandelafeminine juntafeminine suelamasculine cuerito Southern Cone informalmasculine empaque Colombia Mexico Venezuela
- Some kits come with lots of spacers and washers, others don't.
- Anyway, in brief, you use a screw and plastic washer on the back of the motherboard to hold a metal rod and plastic washer in place on the front side - one through each mounting hole.
- Fasten the bottom of each brace with a 6-inch machine bolt and countersink the washer and nut.
- Fully automatic washers did not become widely available until after World War II.
- At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum.
- While I emptied the mop bucket in the flowerbed M.J. put the sopping towels in the washer, we dried the remaining wet spots on the floor, and set about the business of serving dinner.
- A rubber gasket and galvanized washer and nut hold the pipe in place and seal the hole.
- Sarah and I are doing the motherload of all loads of laundry, there's 7 of those side load washers here and we filled all of them up.
- She had just thrown a load of whites in the washer when the doorbell rang.
- Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible and use the washer only with a full load.
- Replace worn tap washers for a quick and cheap way of saving water.
- Stainless steel bolts attach each panel to the wall; washers on the back create a 1/4-inch air space between the glass and the wall.
- Countersink the bolt holes to accommodate washers and nuts.
- In the case of a $5 item, I'd be tempted to just throw the thing in the washer with cold water, and then hang it or lay it flat on towels to dry.
- Does that new faucet have rubber washers or plastic valves?
- A good toolbox has lots of trays designed to hold all those odd bits of hardware, such as screws and bolts, washers, nuts, and nails.
- Transfer laundry from washer to dryer, start another load.
- Install the lower washers, secure the assembly with a new nut, and reinstall the water line.
- The boards may be held in place by stainless steel screws with large plastic washers.
- The washer breaking down was the most annoying thing, happening just when the baby was sick and there was five times as much laundry to do.
- Deck hardware is soundly attached with stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers and either aluminum or fiberglass backing plates for distributing loads.
- I used to spend $50 every few weeks on laundry bills, because I had no washer or dryer.
- Now you need four sets of four standard round washers (metal or plastic, about 1 inch in diameter or a little less), purchased at any hardware store.
- I generally strip the bed and toss the sheets in the washer.
- I have the sheets in the washer and the duvet in the dryer.
- I placed them carefully on top of the dryer and put the pillowcase into the washer with a load of whites.
- Water heaters, washers, and dryers tend to crack over time, allowing water to trickle.
- And he walked out of the apartment, heading down the hall to the community washer and dryer on this floor.
- Secure each terminal end with the provided washers and lock nuts.
- The dogs took it all in their stride, but I am damp and cross with myself, since if I'd kept in the habit of turning off the washing machine taps after each load, then the washer might not have worn out.
- Tossing the bed sheets into the washer, I turned on the water and poured in a bit of soap, closing the lid after and letting it work itself.
- They make everything from microwaves to cell phones from washers to security systems.
- Now I will move stuff from washer to dryer and go to bed.
- Also, appliances - such as domestic hot water heaters, washers, dryers, and freezers - that supply heat as a byproduct are often located in the basement.
- Then tighten the nuts and washers onto the bolts by hand.
- These make great places to store nails, screws, nut, bolts, washers, tacks, and staples.
- Bolts, nuts and washers are available at any hardware store.
- You have to be careful not to drop the rings and washers in the grass.
- He quietly gathered a few bolts and washers from the floor and threw them to the other end of a row of crates, causing a loud sound to come from that direction.
- The cost of faucet washers, either in a kit or singly, is minimal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.