In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1máquina de lavar femininelavadora femininelavarropas masculine River Plate
- Oh, just remembered I can't pack as half my clothes are in the washing machine.
- This may be the background sound of a washing machine or vacuum cleaner.
- The most popular warranties cover washing machines, dishwashers, televisions and so on.
- Instead, they're investing the money in washing machines, refrigerators, cars, and houses.
- There is a door to the utility area and garage, which is plumbed for a washing machine and dryer.
- They can cost up to half the purchase price of a new washing machine or fridge.
- Today the clean, cool lines of its refrigerators and washing machines help boost its sales around the world.
- Also at this level is a spacious utility room with plumbing for a washing machine and dryer.
- There is plumbing for a dishwasher and a washing machine, and plenty of dining space.
- She bought so many books that there literally was not room for a washing machine.
- All other occupants in the hostel have to use a communal laundry room which provides washing machines free of charge and tumble dryers at £1 per use.
- Previous trips have involved wholesale deliveries of washing machines, bikes, computers, clothes and food.
- The washing machines could take our entire week's clothes in one go.
- Due to the poor electricity supply, it is not possible to use either refrigerators or washing machines.
- Two houses have been rebuilt so far, with Iraqis supplying washing machines, refrigerators and furniture.
- How would you make the decision between whether to sell the fridge or the washing machine?
- Beyond this is a small utility room plumed for a washing machine and dryer and a guest bathroom.
- There's a separate section for metal items, like washing machines, fridges and microwaves.
- In the days before we all had washing machines people used to send their clothes to a laundry.
- It launched as an online CD store, but now hawks everything from washing machines to clothing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.