In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1it's a very watchable series — es una serie que se deja / se puede ver muy bien
- Paradoxically, its humour and compassion make it a thoroughly watchable, even enjoyable.
- I think what makes it a more watchable and probably accessible film is that it feels like a richer experience.
- They serve not to make the film watchable, only to make it bearable.
- The film is very watchable and far superior to any broadcast of it I've seen before.
- Yet despite all that, or perhaps because of it, it's outstandingly watchable television.
- It's a pity the script is so offensive, because in other respects the film is quite watchable.
- The film itself was entirely watchable, with the right blend and balance, I thought, of talk and music.
- This is one reason why the film is not as watchable as it should be.
- Horrific as the material is, it makes for a worryingly watchable film.
- That may end up being the primary function of this spotty yet watchable film.
- All told, the film is more than watchable and is outstanding much of the time.
- Yet it passes a distinctive cinematic test which other, more easily watchable films fail: it stays with you.
- Still, it's a very watchable and entertaining film if you can get by some of the flaws.
- The programmes are highly watchable and substantially accurate.
- Still, the film is very watchable and as I said the scenery is worth watching all by itself.
- Hidden somewhere deep in these two gushy hours of melodrama lie the makings of a vaguely watchable film.
- There are some funny moments during the film making the movie watchable, but the script is weak and a little slow.
- And then, sometimes I was just restless and bored, though the film was consistently watchable.
- His portrayal of a decent family man backed into a corner by the system goes a long way to making this film as watchable as it is.
- It's a good solid film, which is made even more watchable if you have an interest in poker.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.