In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calentador (de agua) masculine
- The new home I'm buying has the water heater in the garage.
- There are more safety considerations effecting the installation of a water heater than the exhaust system.
- I installed wall heaters, an electric water heater, dryer and range, but asked for help with a mechanical heat pump.
- Before your turn on your water heater or furnace, make sure there is nothing flammable stored next to it.
- Ensure that the temperature on your water heater is set to 120 degrees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.