In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's no secret that much of the game of water polo revolves around the center position.
- Kenney said he has always encouraged some of his swimmers to play water polo during the swimming break.
- Along with water polo, Powers enjoys football, basketball and bodysurfing.
- There are lots of great sports, from basketball to wrestling, football to water polo.
- The complex, situated 300 yards from the beach, has a pool and organised basketball, football and water polo.
- Why, then, do we insist that athletes should develop or succeed in both swimming and water polo?
- This all changed when he discovered the sport of water polo from his dad who once played for the Egyptian National Team.
- Prior to that the former solicitor's clerk had dabbled in water polo and the triathlon.
- This year, between games and tinkering in the garage, he also found time to take up water polo and volleyball.
- They first went to the swimming pool to have a swim around and play a match of water polo.
- Is one of these explanations the reason you are playing water polo?
- If there is a secret, it is that it takes ten years or more to develop players capable of playing good defensive water polo.
- However, he also believes that clubs that mix water polo with swimming would be the ideal situation.
- The tactics and playing of the game are not unlike basketball or water polo.
- The only sports she knew how to play were soccer and water polo.
- To me, the combination of swimming and water polo is the ultimate definition of how kids should progress and succeed.
- He played water polo at Lancaster University where he cycled the eight miles or so to work and went running on his lunch break.
- Some resorts have also organised games such as beach-volley ball and water polo to keep the guests engaged.
- The depth at the shallow end could have been kept at a level to play water polo, certainly not in excess of four feet.
- We did sets dribbling the ball, we did water polo drills, and my swimmers got in great shape by playing water polo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.