In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ahogamiento simulado masculineasfixia simulada masculine
- I've always been on the fence about whether waterboarding constituted torture.
- Republicans have insisted in recent weeks that she and other Democrats knew waterboarding was in use but made no attempt to protest.
- It says they were exposed to beating, sleep deprivation and waterboarding.
- But that was not the result of harsh techniques, including waterboarding, which were not introduced until August.
- She couldn't seem to explain when or where she had or possibly had not been told about water-boarding back in 2002 or perhaps 2003.
- Amnesty International once again show their true political colours in a campaign ad against the practice of waterboarding.
- They depicted the use of "enhanced" interrogation techniques against two of three men known to have faced waterboarding by the CIA.
- While in CIA custody, Mohammed was subjected to coercive interrogation techniques, culminating in waterboarding.
- The manual explicitly prohibits threats, coercion, physical abuse, and waterboarding, which creates the sensation of drowning.
- Under the argument above, either incarceration is torture or waterboarding is not.
- They said the intent is not to use that as an opening for possible use of waterboarding, an interrogation technique that simulates drowning.
- In my mind, since the Spanish Inquisition, water-boarding has been torture.
- As far as I can tell you are attempting to redefine torture to exclude waterboarding and sleep deprivation.
- It now is American government policy that waterboarding is torture.
- Although we likely won't know the whole story for some time, the use of torture like waterboarding has yielded important results too.
- As a visual culture driven by images on TV and in the movies, waterboarding is a conveniently cinematic form of torture.
- The review questioned the effectiveness of harsh interrogation methods employed by CIA interrogators, such as waterboarding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.