- Of powder blue watered silk, Maria's new dress fitted her like a glove, the tightness of the bodice accentuating her tiny waist and contrasting with the fullness of her skirts.
- These techniques give walls the dramatic effect of crushed velvet, parchment, chamois leather, watered silk or brocade.
- The softly blurred, photograph-like images glow with a hypnotic intensity that recalls the texture of watered silk.
- When the cardinal later came to the seminary at Mundelein, a trainbearer was needed to carry his twenty-foot train of scarlet watered silk.
- He looked at the scarlet watered silk of the long train, that was spread all over the ground and gleamed beautifully in the flickering light of the torches.