In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cascada femininesalto de agua masculinefeminine catarata
- He could hear the steady flow of a waterfall not too far away and wondered where it was.
- Far above them a river flowed off the mountain range, forming a waterfall.
- As well as the obvious plants and trees there are also waterfalls, lakes and examples of typical houses found in those areas.
- It was an amazing ride that took us over canyons and by waterfalls.
- It flew in search of waterfalls that fell off the hills and flowed in serpentine paths on the plains.
- Like water flowing down a waterfall, the teams smashed into one another.
- Water ran down the sides of the valley to join the river and fell in waterfalls and bright sheets over the road.
- Each island is gorgeous, with waterfalls, rivers, and all sorts of vegetation.
- They were standing on top of a great network of underground rivers and waterfalls.
- Many other streams and waterfalls run through this area's rocky escarpments and narrow valleys.
- The peaks and the valleys, rivers and the waterfalls truly make the whole environment a paradise.
- The crystal clear water poured from level to level in several waterfalls of varied heights.
- Everything here seems to be on a grand scale - the lakes and waterfalls as well as the mountains.
- Pine trees, in addition to hills, valleys and waterfalls, added beauty to the city.
- The road took them past waterfalls and over gorges and along a cliff by the sea.
- A waterfall cascading over the stepped landscape means that you are nearly there.
- It is mantled with rainforest and there are rivers, lakes and waterfalls.
- The first day's trekking took us through beautiful mountain forests with waterfalls and streams.
- There are also a variety of flowers and trees, a rushing stream and waterfalls.
- Fast-flowing rivers create spectacular waterfalls, gorges and a myriad of caves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.