In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Seasoned water has been in the watering can at least overnight so the chlorine has dissipated; it's not fresh from the faucet.
- Nearly anything that can hold soil can be turned into a container: classic stone urns, a wicker basket, an old wagon, buckets and tubs, leaky watering cans, a ceramic bowl or a tea cup.
- Seek out unusual vessels, such as wall vases, old watering cans or window boxes to hold your favorite flora.
- Pouring water from one of those little plastic houseplant watering cans would be helpful for keeping water in track when rinsing.
- If you're going to plant directly in such items as watering cans, old boots, teapots or wheelbarrows consider drainage and air movement around the roots of the plants.
- Sprinkle each layer with a watering can or garden hose as you construct the pile.
- There was a long queue of people carrying various receptacles: plastic bottles, watering cans, jugs, pots, crates.
- The tough restrictions, which come into effect at midnight next Saturday, bans town water for external use, preventing homeowners from even filling a watering can to water pot plants or the garden.
- The liquid can then be applied to all, including native plants, with a watering can.
- With a narrow-nose watering can, irrigate just inside the pot rim, under plant leaves.
- Colanders, watering cans, and bath toys will all work.
- Once a fortnight add some soluble fertiliser or juice from your worm farm into the watering can to keep your plants at their peak.
- Look for objects such as watering cans old tools or flowerpots that you can dress up with lights flowers or greenery.
- Now the bench can store hoses as well as other watering tools, such as sprinklers or small watering cans.
- They are holding a fun day on August 31 at the company with a sale of waterbutts, composters, dustbins, watering cans and various other products to boost their fund.
- People watching from their balconies clapped the demonstrators and poured watering cans, buckets and even hose pipes to cool down the cheering crowd.
- Add additional nutrients throughout the growing season by dissolving a water-soluble fertilizer in the watering can once every week or two.
- Never leave buckets or watering cans full of mixed chemicals
- Then she drenches the pile with the solution using a hose-end sprayer or a watering can.
- We are asking people to be economical with their water, for example, by taking a shower instead of a bath and using a watering can in the garden rather than a hosepipe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.