In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fabric) impermeable(mascara) a prueba de agua(watch) sumergible
- Their waterproof inks and papers also guarantee serious longevity.
- The third tenet of beach glamour is a good waterproof mascara.
- Individual animals were identified by marking the tails with waterproof black ink.
- I had foolishly not put on waterproof mascara either, not expecting to need it!
- Builders stabilized the tower and added flashing to make it waterproof.
- Whether the inks and media are waterproof and able to endure exposure to light for long periods may also be considerations for prints that are to be displayed.
- This waterproof coating will not wash off, thicken in cold conditions or attract dirt like oil lubricants do.
- Your water-proof mascara will run all the way down to your socks.
- You'd think I'd know better, wouldn't you, than to look at a clear November sky and decide to leave my hat and my waterproof coat behind?
- I marked individual sap holes with waterproof ink and periodically returned to them to measure their length and width and to note sap flow and the location of adjacent holes.
- The resin gives the line a sheen and the ink is waterproof.
- All they could find was a camper's waterproof match container.
- Therefore warm, waterproof clothing is absolutely essential, plus thermal boots.
- Since ink-jet printer ink is not waterproof, is there any way I can protect my printouts?
- Although it doesn't claim to be waterproof, it is highly weather resistant.
- Indicators of consistent poverty include lack of heating, at least one day in the previous two weeks without a substantial meal, no warm waterproof overcoat or only one pair of strong shoes.
- Waterproof mascara is a must on the beach.
- By ancient standards, I am hopelessly spoiled - I have warm clothes, waterproof shoes, indoor plumbing, reliable heating, a comfy bed and a thick feather duvet.
- What's more it was delivered to subscribers wrapped in a natty waterproof jacket.
- Donning warm clothing, gloves and waterproof shoes, he saw the mountain horizon with snow and blue sky, the Alpine huts, trees and animals designed to create the real winter snow experience.
- She slipped on waterproof shoes and a woolen hat.
- Waxed kitchen matches are good alternatives so long as they're stored in a waterproof container.
- Black Velvet India Ink provides waterproof, opaque coverage, is nontoxic and is available in 4-oz., pint and quart sizes.
- A little climb brought sight of the top end of Gouthwaite Reservoir and in no time we were sitting on a bench by its reed fringed water, gazing at the ducks, eating our sandwiches and pulling off waterproof trousers.
- It's also good to know the help is there as a waterproof jacket if I need it.
- The inks are waterproof, alcohol and pigment based.
- I pulled my hair up high and covered my eyelashes with waterproof mascara.
- Strong waterproof footwear and protective outdoor clothing is advisable, as is a change of clothes.
- Anybody who goes along is advised to wear sturdy footwear and to take waterproof clothing.
- They must fast from midnight prior to arrival and are advised to bring warm and waterproof clothing.
- My dad has this wax stuff you can put on normal shoes to make them waterproof.
- In a smart move he's bought in a large batch of waterproof ink.
- We seldom leave home without an umbrella or some sort of waterproof clothing ‘just in case’ and take a great interest in weather forecasts since what happens plays a big part in the direction of the daily lives of many of us.
- The association had pleaded for an increase of 5 per cent in the price of commercial plywood and 10 per cent on commercial and waterproof board and waterproof ply.
- They argue that pitch could not have been used to cover the ark and make it waterproof.
1prenda impermeable feminine British(jacket, raincoat) impermeable masculinetake your waterproofs — llévate ropa impermeable
- Short, stocky, bearded, wearing what appeared to be waterproofs, he sat staring out of the window at the harbour below.
- I did pop my waterproofs on for a quick trip out this morning to get a good crunchy-crusted loaf of bread and, would you believe, a pack of orange jelly.
- Families planning a day out today were warned to pack waterproofs and brollies as heavy showers were forecast, although temperatures might get to 20C.
- The weather had been fine when we set off and I hadn't brought waterproofs.
- If you haven't got waterproofs with you, beware.
- It is very important to wear really good quality waterproofs.
- You can imagine the impossible situation in mid-summer trying to make our market staff wear full waterproofs on a hot day, working amongst cattle under already steamy conditions.
- It wasn't very hot and it rained some of the time and so we had to have our waterproofs with us most of the time.
- They had no map, no torch, no waterproofs and little experience.
- I like to take a good set of waterproofs because when it rains it pours.
- On their second day the group experienced mixed weather, including rain that required putting on waterproofs, during their 18-mile walk.
- I finished the journey into work feeling very cold and wet, resolving to go buy some waterproofs at lunchtime.
- I gave her one of my waterproofs and it lasted her for years.
- The North York Moors are beautiful and if we'd had more time and our waterproofs with us, it would have been great to stop off along the way.
- With the pre-match formalities over the players peel off the waterproofs and are set for action.
- On deck, she bids farewell to the other officers, who line up in their blue uniform waterproofs to bid her farewell.
- Participants in walks are advised to wear suitable footwear and to bring waterproofs.
- For £3.50 a-week, riders will have the use of a scooter and a crash helmet, insurance, fluorescent gear and waterproofs.
- By the time you've got your waterproofs on it's sunny again.
- It's only a drop of water after all, so we pulled out the waterproofs and trotted down to Taunton for a weekly taste of town just the same.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.