In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1esquí acuático masculine
- The more adventurous could, possibly, take some waterskis.
- The yacht is a perfect platform for water sports such as scuba diving, and is equipped with windsurfers, waterskis and snorkels.
- The owner also had an ancient pair of waterskis, and I just thought, what the heck.
- Boats, canoes, jetties, fishing rods and forgotten waterskis are among items recovered and sometimes reclaimed by owners, but the other day I found a tennis racquet.
- Waterskiers pay 45 for one pair of waterskis.
intransitive verbwaterskiing, waterskied, waterskis
1hacer esquí acuático
- Among the winners were some who are involved in lesser-profiled sports, including canoe polo, ice skating, trampolining, and even bare-foot waterskiing.
- Hailing from land-locked Denver, CO, my time on water had been limited to the local swimming pool and waterskiing on mountain lakes.
- There are other beaches, of course, and water sports from swimming and sunbathing to waterskiing and scuba diving.
- The whole family is looking forward to a lot of awesome flying, as well as waterskiing on the huge Murray river.
- His childhood gave him a taste for skiing, waterskiing and fishing and homemade wine, as well as music.
- He's relaxed, tan and advocating the benefits of waterskiing on Florida's Lake Magdalene at the age of 62.
- This summer, I learned how to waterski and stuff like that.
- Whether they want to lounge around in the sun, sip vanilla tea, or get into snorkelling, waterskiing or sea-kayaking, this couple will be able to really unwind here and get into a different way of life.
- Cruising and fishing are fine, but it's hard to waterski offshore, and there are limited areas to raft up.
- She worked overseas for three years, teaching windsurfing and waterskiing in America, and learning to scuba dive in Fiji.
- Mountain-biking, horse-riding and waterskiing can be arranged, and you can swim in either the pool or the reservoir.
- And there is every incentive for her - rumour has it that waterskiing will make its Olympic debut at the 2004 games in Athens.
- I was able to waterski and to ski and I'm very glad I've had that opportunity.
- Today was the day for swimming, tubing, and waterskiing at a nearby lake.
- We like to entertain, waterski, or sometimes just float for a while in an isolated cove.
- This seemingly endless waterway offers something for everyone - fishing, waterskiing, wind surfing, swimming, and jet-skiing abound.
- He launched into a long and daring tale of waterskiing - in February - and doing triple flips.
- A traditional hull form might be okay for fishing but certainly not waterskiing.
- Fishing, waterskiing, windsurfing, boat races and swimming are also favorite activities.
- The island of Grand Bahama offers a wide range of watersports including waterskiing, sailing and windsurfing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.