In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mecánica ondulatoria feminine
- In fact ‘rival’ matrix mechanics deriving from Heisenberg's work and wave mechanics resulting from Schrödinger's work now entered the arena.
- In 1926, Schrodinger developed a theory of wave mechanics that treated electrons as waves rather than particles.
- Among publications on many topics he published work on Dirac's theory of the electron, on the new theory of light, on Uhlenbeck's theory of spin, and on applications of wave mechanics to nuclear physics.
- In mathematics he worked on the calculus of variations, Fourier series, function spaces, Hamiltonian geometrical optics, Schrödinger wave mechanics, and relativity.
- Some nominators preferred Schrödinger's more visual depiction of electron orbits as a form of wave mechanics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.