In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banda de frecuencia feminineshort/medium waveband — onda corta/media feminine
- Annagh Parish Radio can now be received on any radio in the parish, by tuning into 100 to 105 MHz on the fm waveband.
- It makes sense having radio relay stations operate in the meter waveband.
- I'm told they have radios tuned to police wavebands stuck out of sight under the dashboard.
- Other useful items are automatic lights and wipers and the radio gave first class reception on all wavebands.
- Reception was excellent on all wavebands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.