In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1figura de cera feminine
- He looked like a Russian waxwork, but wasn't as large in the flesh as you'd imagine.
- Numerous small theatres throughout Salem re-enact episodes from the witch trial hysteria while waxwork displays in creepy dungeons capture the key moments.
- In a row of glass cases, waxwork tableaux of Victorian surgeons are shown lopping off limbs while their patients are forcibly restrained.
- Yes, the new Robbie Williams waxwork is just like the real thing.
- Not many people can boast of having their own waxwork in a museum, but New Addington resident Nan Jenkins is just one person immortalised in the Lifetimes exhibition.
- Visitors to Madame Tussaud's are impressed with how eerily lifelike the new Robbie Williams waxwork looks.
- It's there in the lyrics of Christina Aguilera, the styling of Britney Spears and even the poses of mannequins in Madame Tussaud's (where a waxwork of Kylie Minogue depicts her on all fours with her bottom poking into the air).
- One third of the waxworks in the exhibition hall have been damaged because of years of being touched or climbed upon by visitors.
- The singer was speaking at the unveiling of a waxwork model of himself at Madam Tussaud's in London.
- The game show hostess with the acid tongue was ‘delighted’ at her inclusion in the original London exhibition - and even provided one of her TV outfits for the waxwork, which it still wears.
- Here is the story of Kaiser Wilhelm's holiday in a small Welsh spa town shortly before the outbreak of the Great War, and of the Welsh waxwork museum largely peopled by countless effigies of Prince Philip discarded by Madame Tussaud's.
- Ms Ni, a representative of the hall, told the Youth Daily that the cost of repairing dozens of damaged waxworks was extremely high as each wax figure was worth 80,000 yuan.
- Britney Spears will give a deliberately dull performance when Madame Tussaud's museum unveils a new waxwork of the pop starlet as part of a new collection.
- And now we have a Robbie Williams waxwork that has ‘real chest hair’ and ‘a twinkle in his eye, activated with hidden sensors’.
- The couple will have to hold their pose for up to three hours while they are studied for the waxwork figures.
- Going to investigate, we're confronted with a man in a bowler hat and suit sitting at a keyboard looking rather like a waxwork.
- Unrecognizable under layers of garish makeup, Voight at times looks like a moving, talking waxwork.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.