In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The result is just as way-out and bizarre, but a lot less funny.
- There are plenty of way-out things I do not believe.
- With their way-out designs and wacky wardrobes, these fashion students at York College are more used to setting trends than following them.
- It seemed pretty way-out until I read the 5 preceding articles he refers to in paragraph 5.
- The decade that gave us Madonna, Prince and all the other way-out entertainers is yours for the remaking, retaking and reliving!
- The end result will be like something you have seen in way-out fashion magazines.
- Reporting on both way-out theories and scientific discoveries, the author remains funny, fair-minded, and firmly planted on Earth.
- I'm not a way-out liberal: I've never advocated any of these things.
- All of them are conservative types, and think I'm weird and way-out for what I do and don't do when it comes to church and religion.
- If I had unlimited resources, I would use the Albert Hall for some way-out Stockhausen sonic experiment.
- The fact is that the proportion of the community involved in more way-out therapies like magnetism or iridology, is pretty small.
- Looking back, it was a great place in which to grow up but, with my way-out lifestyle, I can't see myself living there now.
- But not all of the critics who have attacked the President for being dishonest are peddlers of these way-out notions.
- Instead, the scientists backed more way-out systems for reflecting the sun's rays back into space.
- Many of the ‘re-imaginings’ are pretty way-out and I'm not sure they are terribly good.
- Interesting how research projects sometimes come up with way-out results like these.
- Its always best to believe the most likely theory that has documentation rather than the way-out ones that don't.
- Parents may want to think twice if their teenager is telling them way-out stories, having wilder than usual mood swings and seeing things that aren't there.
- But the Seventies were more than a cocktail of way-out fashions and disco dancing.
- We've grown used to Japanese car makers showing way-out pollutionless cars of the distant future.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.