In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in upholstery)cincha femininefeminine cinchasfeminine cinta de cáñamofeminine cinta de esparto
- If you have been in an accident, replace the seat belts and the webbing of the child restraint used during the accident.
- Narrow strips of fabric or leather webbing were interlaced across a seat frame, and a piece of linen was tacked above it.
- To remedy this, there is a loop of webbing on the bottom of the pack to put a waist strap through and keep it from sliding up.
- The boards are then shaped with hand tools, given four or five coats of yacht varnish, and have a webbing hand strap attached.
- I have a piece of purple webbing knotted in a loop that I untie and wrap around my forearm.
- The harness consists of two shoulder straps, made from a medium-grade webbing, which are comfortable and mould to your torso without being too stiff.
- There are three-point seatbelts for every passenger, and force-limiting devices on the belts on the four outer seats prevent bruising from the webbing.
- The end goes around the tree, and the rest of the line passes through the loop, making it adjustable and in theory placing much less stress on knotted webbing, although I have no evidence that says it really does this.
- It was available in oak weave or with cotton webbing, a seat covering more suggestive of indoor use.
- If you want to add more, get webbing, backpack straps, metal buckles and so forth.
- Linen was also used for fire hoses, parachute webbing and heavy-duty canvas.
- The girls were lounging on the grass; Ann sat in a decrepit aluminum chair, its woven webbing frayed.
- Each harness is made of wide, heavy-duty nylon webbing to better distribute the work load and thick padding for extra comfort.
- There were two foldable aluminum seats with nylon webbing.
- The sling itself is available in 1-inch or 1.25-inch widths and is made of heavy nylon webbing.
- While they come in many shapes and sizes, snowshoes tend to have a wooden frame with webbing stretched around it.
- Attached to a single center of gravity by a harness made of strong webbing, hang gliders fly with bodies vertical.
- Instead of a ribbon tie, use nylon webbing that slips through two small metal loops or a buckle.
- I'm even more surprised that there's no secondary securing mechanism, such as strapping or webbing, round the piles of plates in the cupboard.
- It attaches to the suspension webbing with a hook/loop strap.
2Militaryreata femininecincha feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.