In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1miércoles masculinesee also monday
- Parents began to take Wednesdays off to spend more time with their children (French schools close on Wednesday afternoons).
- If shopping is your thing there is a lively outdoor market every Thursday and Saturday, as well as the indoor market every day except Wednesdays and Sundays.
- The library is open to the public every day except Mondays with late opening hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays until 7pm.
- The least expensive days to fly are typically Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Janet and Eve are coming over on Tuesday, staying the night and returning home on Wednesday.
- On Wednesday evening last week that seemed like only the remotest of possibilities.
- From this week civil cases will be heard on a Tuesday with criminal cases heard fortnightly on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Carl arrived home early on Wednesday morning for a tearful reunion with Kim on the doorstep.
- I had a job interview last Wednesday, but unfortunately didn't get the job.
- Last Wednesday he saw a specialist and we didn't think he'd be fit in time for the Brighton game.
- Next Wednesday morning, the sky is going to be extremely overcast for a few minutes.
- The performances took place on Tuesday afternoon last week and on Wednesday evening.
- It was odd; the only days she didn't go to work were Thursdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- I attended lectures on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and there were tutorials in the morning.
- Talks between union leaders and employers will take place on Wednesday and Thursday.
- He said the clean-up would be completed by Wednesday as most of the work had already been done in the past week.
- She was born on Wednesday, March 29, 1922 in Oakdale and she is a famous politician from the United States.
- Early on a Wednesday morning two of us go to where the paper is dropped off in Camden and then take it to other sellers.
- He then returned to steal from the property on the Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week.
- The minster was at the school on Wednesday to officially open its new dance and drama studios.
- Michelle and I go out on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays; I avoid the weekends like the plague.
- When I went there they said they only did trips on a Tuesday and a Wednesday.
- Bonfire Night is a week on Wednesday - I'm looking forward to sparklers and toffee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.