1(cry)llorarI could have wept — era como para llorar
- to weep for sb — (for dead person) llorar a algn
- to weep over sth — llorar por algo
- to weep with joy/relief — llorar de alegría/alivio
- it's enough to make you weep — es como para ponerse / echarse a llorar
- She was prepared for an angry confrontation but was shocked when her mother simply began to weep.
- Inside the apartment, Saeed's mother wept as she sat on the floor, surrounded by female relatives and other mourners.
- Silently, she buried her face in the pillow, and wept.
- She begins to weep, her body shaking, and then, when her grief is purged, she stares dead ahead.
- Jodi's mother wept as the verdict was announced.
- A mother broke down and wept when she visited the scene where her son was killed yesterday.
- Anjar's mother wept with joy, she could not believe that he had returned.
- So, I sing songs to the mothers, and the mothers begin to weep.
- The teenager's mother wept and was comforted by his father as their son was led from the dock.
- Tears fell down his face as he began to weep bitterly.
- The weary mother wept as the bus began its long journey back to her small village.
- Sarah's brother wept and hugged his mother after showing police where the eight-year-old disappeared, the court heard.
- This time she'd been crying, weeping big hot tears.
- And his big blue eyes filled with tears when his grandfather wept.
- Matt's mother went to sit down, beginning to weep bitterly.
- He began to weep, the tears falling faster and faster from his eyes, running down his face.
- There was a lot of discussion, a lot of negotiation between the two sides, there was tears, there was weeping.
- She heard her mother begin to weep softly as her father comforted her.
- She held the pillow to her face, letting it soak up her tears, and wept silently.
- When she saw Rose and all her brothers, their mother wept tears of joy.
2(exude liquid)(wound/eye) supurar
- I recently saw a 64 year old man with a skin lesion on his knee that had been intermittently weeping pus over the past four weeks and had been growing in size.
- Does anyone know the correct term for when the leaves ooze water or weep?
- I could understand how skin like this might weep or bleed on occasion.
- These blisters eventually burst to reveal small wet patches of red skin that may weep fluid.
- That eye may redden and weep, and the nostril on that side may experience stuffiness and discharge.
- They may weep, and eventually grow a crust or scab.
1llorarshe wept bitter tears — lloró lágrimas amargas
1I had a good weep — me desahogué llorando un rato
- a little weep will do her good — llorar un poco le hará bien