In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1levantamiento de pesas masculinehalterofilia feminineto do weightlifting — hacer pesas
- Today I enjoy weightlifting, Spinning class and running for an hour at a time.
- And with other sports such as darts, bowls, table tennis, boccia and weightlifting, there was something to suit all tastes.
- I was given the position because I showed extensive knowledge of weightlifting and basic exercise.
- When it comes to weightlifting, deciding on the proper intensity to use is pretty straightforward.
- The tournament is expected to be one of the most remarkable displays of athleticism that the sport of weightlifting has seen.
- After returning from a summer vacation, I decided to take up weightlifting.
- Heavy weightlifting or similar activities that require straining are discouraged.
- The 2000 Olympic Games was the first to allow women to compete in the sport of weightlifting.
- Try to do cardio workouts on separate days from your weightlifting or at least at different times of day.
- To build stamina and strength for the game, Greg took up boxing and weightlifting.
- Already a keen table tennis player, he added weightlifting to his sports regime and has never looked back.
- History shows that track cycling probably has the worst record of any of our Olympic sports other than weightlifting.
- It would be no exaggeration to say that, in the history of Bulgarian sport, weightlifting has been the country's strength.
- Boxing and weightlifting also have multiple divisions by bodyweight.
- One of the first things you learn when you're new to weightlifting is how to order your muscle groups.
- The burning desire I have for weightlifting has played a tremendous role in my life.
- Sports like gymnastics, weightlifting and volleyball apply more stimulation for bone growth than running.
- When you think of burning calories, you probably don't think of weightlifting.
- Heavy weightlifting, bicycle riding and scuba diving should be discouraged.
- Olympic weightlifting consists of two lifts: The snatch and the clean and jerk.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.