In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As we get older this facet of our lives becomes even more important to our well-being and our health.
- This lack of trust is dangerous, not just to our physical health, but also to our mental well-being.
- It is essential for health and well-being to maintain a positive attitude to life.
- My brief as a councillor is to safeguard the health, wealth and well-being of the ward that I represent.
- He is now on a broader social mission to improve the health and well-being of Scotland.
- A study addresses how economic status is no longer a sufficient gauge of a nation's well-being.
- This nurse prepared his food and anything else required for his physical health and well-being.
- It is in the agencies' interest to ensure the safety and well-being of their clients.
- The law says young people cannot work in a place or job which is harmful to their health, well-being or education.
- Little is known of the drug's long term effects on physical health or emotional well-being.
- Pet ownership has well documented positive effects on physical well-being.
- Our body image in fact is central, if ambiguously so, to our mental and physical well-being.
- We would also like to satisfy ourselves as to your health and well-being.
- The aim of the weekend will be one of complete relaxation and enhancement of well-being.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.